$32.00 per hour (37.5 hours per week)
Location of Work:
Various locations across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Ontario
- Cover floors, interior and exterior walls and ceilings with ceramic, marble and quarry tile, mosaics or terrazzo
- Prepare, measure and mark surface to be covered
- Build underbeds and install anchor bolts, wires and brackets
- Mix, apply and spread mortar, cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives using hand trowel
- Set tiles in position and apply pressure to affix tiles to base
- Align and straighten tile using levels, squares and straightedges
- Cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings using hand and power cutting tools
- Pack grout into joints between tiles and remove excess grout
- Install tile strips
- Lay and set mosaic tiles to create decorative wall, mural and floor designs
- Mix, lay and polish terra surfaces
- Cut, polish and install marble and granite
- Polish marble to a high luster using power or hand sanders
- Remove and replace cracked or damaged tiles
- Prepare cost estimates and orders
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Physically able to perform the work; Bending, crouching, kneeling required
- Must have the endurance to spend many hours on their feet
- Able to carry and lift heavy marble countertops into position
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience
- Must be able to distinguish between colors and patterns for the best-looking finish.
- Must be courteous and considerate of a customer’s property while completing tasks.
- Must ensure that the patterns are properly and accurately arranged.
- Basic math skills; installers must calculate the number of tiles needed to cover an area.
How to Apply:
Send resume by e-mail to: email@example.com
Bolton Carpet & Interiors Inc.
12388 Hwy #50, Bolton, ON L7E 1M7