Amberley Bacon Company Ltd. is a 1500 sow farrow to wean hog operation located in Goderich, Ontario. We currently have two job openings for Pork Production Technicians (NOC 8252) with at least 1 year experience in the field.
Employment type: Permanent, full time, 45 hours a week (2 vacancies)
Work location: Laurier Line 86595 RR3, Goderich, Ontario N7A 3X9
Business address: 86391 Bluewater Highway RR3, Goderich, Ontario N7A 3X9
Salary/benefits: $19.00/hour, Group Benefits after 3 months
Reporting to the Farm Manager, the Pork Production Technician is responsible for carrying out the day-to-day activities at the hog farm. This position requires the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team to produce specific production goals.
The Pork Production Technician is expected to be able to demonstrate his/her capability to understand and perform the following technical functions:
• Works with the Farm Manager to achieve and exceed productivity requirements, including but not limited to: Health and Safety, Quality control, Animal Welfare, Maintenance, Ventilation and Bio-Security.
• Works with the Farm Manager to achieve excellent marketing results.
• Formulate feeding programs;
• Recognize and treat health problems in livestock;
• Maintain livestock performance records;
• Select livestock for sale;
• Follow safety and bio-security procedures;
• Work with boars in safely manner;
• Perform artificial insemination;
• Supervise general farm workers;
• Pressure washing and cleaning facilities between batches;
• General maintenance and repairs of buildings and site;
• Perform general farm duties such as but not limited to maintaining door charts, inventory trackers, ordering feed and medication, operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment.
• Able to communicate in the English language;
• A minimum of one (1) year experience in the field;
• Completion of secondary school, completion of post-secondary education in pork production is an asset
• Experience with performing artificial insemination is preferred;
• Experience in catching sperm from boars is preferred;
• Excellent problem solving skills;
• Ability to work in a team, under pressure, handle multiple priorities and complex tasks simultaneously;
• Good work ethic and self-motivated.
• Due to the nature of the position, successful candidates may be required to be flexible with their hours of work.
Please send a cover letter, resume and at least one relevant reference to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail: 86391 Bluewater Highway RR3, Goderich, ON, N7A 3X9
We thank you for your interest in working with us, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.