Marble Treasure is a young, vibrant company with a track record for excellence in working marble, stone, and granite as well as quartz and porcelain. We have always applied skill and mastery to our work, striking a finely calibrated balance between tradition and innovation, guaranteeing the client gets the highest level of quality and perfection. We produce high quality kitchen and bathrooms countertops, fireplace mantle, wall cladding and more.
At this point we are looking for an experienced Marble Cutter for a full-time, permanent position. In this position you will cut marble slabs into specific shapes and designs. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 2 years of experience cutting and carving stone according to diagrams and patterns.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Operate blade or wire saws to cut marble and/or quarts blocks to specified dimensions
• Operate machines to grind and polish surfaces of marble and/or quarts blocks, slabs or other stone products to specific shape or design and to produce smooth finish
• Operate sandblasting equipment to cut inscriptions or decorative designs
• Finish stone products with spray paint and by mounting plaques or installing concrete bases
• Operate stone-dressing lathe to sharpen and dress grindstones that grind logs into pulp
• Operate machine to drill holes in blocks or slabs of stone according to specifications.
• 2+ years of experience as a Marble Cutter
• Secondary Diploma
• Able to communicate in English language
• Ability to work under pressure
• Familiarity working with equipment and tools
COMPENSATION & CONDITIONS:
• permanent, full-time position,
• 40 – hour work week,
• $22.50 per hour with applicable overtime pay after 44 hours of work per week,
• Work location: 1490 Major Mackenzie Dr, Unit D3, Vaughan
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply only if you meet the job requirements as only those who qualify will be contacted by the employer. Please ensure to bring all relevant references if selected for an interview. You can also apply by email at email@example.com, but do not contact the employer directly. In the subject line include “APPLICATION: Marble Cutter”.