INNVEST Hotels LP DBA Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront –
2 Princess St, Kingston, Ontario, K7L 1A2
Light Duty Cleaner (NOC 6731)
Passion Drives Performance. InnVest succeeds because our people love what we do. Our entire team shares a deep-rooted passion for the world of hospitality & travel that extends far beyond the walls of our offices and hotels.
Our company culture is built on collaboration. A nimble team where everyone has a voice at the table and an opportunity to pursue their passions. Our skill sets are as diverse as our portfolio, but we all have a singular focus: a belief that partnerships deliver the best results, an entrepreneurial approach to decision making, respect for others, a strong sense of integrity and a curiosity to challenge the status quo.
With over 75 hotels in our portfolio, representing 18 internationally recognized hotel brands, InnVest is the largest independent owner of hotels in Canada. In addition, our management team oversees the day-to-day activities of almost 70 hotels also making InnVest the largest independent operator of hotels in Canada. InnVest’s portfolio is geographically diverse with hotels from Vancouver, BC to Corner Brook, NL but also experientially diverse from roadside inns to luxury urban properties.
At InnVest, our mission is simple – to deliver outstanding guest experiences and superior returns on quality hospitality investment. A career at InnVest will provide you with unrivaled opportunities and invaluable exposure to Canada’s largest independently-owned and operated hotel portfolio.
The Light Duty Cleaner is responsible to make sure our guest rooms and public areas are always ‘fresh and welcoming’ for our guests.
Salary: $16.00 / hour
Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time: 35-40 hours / week
Start date: As soon as possible
· Benefits: Disability Insurance, Dental insurance, Extended medical insurance, Discounted hotel stays
· Employment conditions: Must be flexible to work scheduled shifts – may need to work nights weekends and/or holidays, days, evenings and all shifts. Overtime is sometimes required.
Education: would be an asset
Experience: Previous hotel cleaning and customer service experiences are an asset
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Repetitive tasks, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Standing for extended periods, Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Stand or walk for an extended time period, Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance; Operate cleaning equipment; Reaching heights of approximately 6 ft and depths of 2-½ -3 ft; Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold; Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided
Personal Suitability: Team player, Reliability, Client focus, Dependability, Values and ethics, Initiative, Effective interpersonal skills, Literacy skills – reading, writing, and oral, Outstanding organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills, Work well independently and in a team environment with minimum supervision, Self-motivated, honest, creative, capable of working in a team environment, Flexible and energetic with the ability to work under pressure during busy times;
Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
· Respond and complete housekeeping room cleaning requests and activities from either guest or management in a timely and efficient manner.
· Adhere to all health and safety guidelines and standards, established safety procedures, hotel policies and procedures, and follow procedures listed in shift checklists and wear protective equipment when needed.
· Strip rooms
· Clean and service assigned guest rooms by, sweeping, mopping, washing, polishing floors, dusting furniture, Vacuum shampoo and deep cleaning of carpets and area rugs, Vacuum and clean draperies and upholstered furniture, making beds and changing sheets, in a timely and organized manner according to hotel procedures and brand standards.
· Clean, disinfect and polish kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances
· Handle and report lost and found items
· Attend to guests’ requests for extra supplies or other items by maintaining room attendant cart and replenishing any items as required.
· Provide basic information on facilities
· Pick up debris and empty trash containers
· Provide genuine service & assistance to guests and address customers’ complaints/ concerns
· Assist with deep cleaning projects.
· Work as part of a team and communicate with other departments and meet and exceed guest and co-worker expectations by providing exemplary service and teamwork, as per hotel procedures to ensure excellent quality and service.
· Communicate with MOD/supervisor and co-workers regarding product/service deficiencies, equipment, safety problems etc. and keep the supervisor updated on work progress and alert them on any malfunctions, damages, repairs and maintenance needed.
· Ensure security standards are practiced, to protect guest’s and employee’s privacy and belongings.
· Assist with inventories, help prevent waste & misuse of guest and cleaning supplies and equipment.
· Clean guest floors, corridors and vents, public washroom, elevators, stairwells, and interior/exterior public areas, windows, fitness rooms/showers as set by efficiency standards of the hotel.
· Maintain pool and fitness room supplies of towels.
· Respond to Front Desk calls, assisting in checking rooms luggage delivery, and guest special request.
· Ensure all guests receive prompt attention, providing value-added service by doing whatever is reasonable and possible to exceed guest expectations.
· Follow hotel policies in relation to key control, and the security of hotel property, including linens, supply carts, vacuums and storage rooms.
How to apply
By mail: 2 Princess St, Kingston, Ontario, K7L 1A2, Canada
By email: HRHIKW@gmail.com
InnVest Hotels is an inclusive employer. As such, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We appreciate all applications, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.