Located on the north-east corner of Price and Yonge Streets, Bar Centrale di Terroni is situated at street level below our second floor full-serve Terroni restaurant. Opened in 2010, this spot was inspired largely by the many beautiful train stations in Italy located in city centres that are an ingrained part of the regular comings and goings of people as they go about their day. A place to gather at all times of day, to talk, meet for coffee, a glass of wine or an aperitivo. We offer a European style breakfast menu, a full lunch and dinner menu, along with brunch on the weekend. Our cozy outdoor patio is the perfect spot to come by for aperitivo time from 5-7pm! If you fancy some of the best authentic and freshly-made Southern Italian food in Toronto and like dining in style enjoying lively ambience, Bar Centrale is the right place.
We are looking to hire a Kitchen Helper to join our kitchen team for a full-time, permanent position.
Duties and responsibilities:
– Help culinary team prepare meals by washing, peeling, and slicing vegetables and fruits using manual or electric appliances
– Assist in the preparation of items such as sandwiches, salads, and cold beverages
– Assist in plating and portioning
– Unpack and place items and supplies in cabinets, refrigerators, and other storage spaces
– Ensure all food is handled and stored safely in accordance with established health codes so as to prevent spoiling and contamination
– Fill refrigerators and pantries with food, and keep a record of the amounts consumed
– Notify management of ingredient spoilage, wastage, and shortages
– Wash work tables, appliances, and clean kitchen work areas, equipment, utensils, and dishes
– Follow principles of sanitation and safe food handling including time and temperature controls and the prevention of cross-contamination
– Perform other duties to assist the culinary team
– Secondary School Diploma will be an asset
– Experience is an asset
– Good proficiency in English
– Good communication and listening skills
– Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
– Willingness to work with others and respond quickly to change
– Permanent, full-time position
– $16.55 per hour
– Applicable overtime pay will apply after 44 hours of work per week
– 37.5 hours of work per week
– Work Location: 1095 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON M4W 2L7
– The restaurant is located at 1095 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON M4W 2L7.
Please apply with your resume detailing your experience and mentioning your contact details through email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only successful candidates suitable for this position will be contacted for an in-person interview. Please do not contact us directly.
Please visit us at https://www.terroni.com/bar-centrale/ for more information!