Human Resources Specialist
Custom Agricultural Intelligence Inc is looking for a Human Resources Specialist to join the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Specialist will assist in the search for key candidates and the day to day administration for this department.
Role and Responsibilities
· Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate human resources and labour relations strategies including policies, programs and procedures to address an organization’s human resource requirements
· Advise employers and employees on the interpretation of human resources policies, compensation and benefit programs and collective agreements
· Negotiate collective agreements on behalf of employers or workers, mediate labour disputes and grievances and provide advice on employee and labour relations
· Research and prepare occupational classifications, job descriptions, salary scales and competency appraisal measures and systems
· Plan and administer staffing, total compensation, training and career development, employee assistance, employment equity and affirmative action programs
· Manage programs and maintain human resources information and related records systems
· Hire and oversee training of staff
· Co-ordinate employee performance appraisal programs
· Research employee benefit and health and safety practices and recommend changes or modifications to existing policies.
– College diploma or University degree
– 1 to 2 years related experience is an asset.
– Demonstrated ability in dealing with highly confidential information or situations.
– Detail orientated Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills self-initiating, well organized, problem solver, with ability to multi-task.
– Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
– Ability to adapt communication style to various employees groups Team player that establishes and maintains strong working relationships
– *Must be able to commute to Sedley location occasionally.