· Company operating name: Aklima Hair and Skin-care Inc.
· Company business address: 4170 Still Creek Dr., Suite 200, Burnaby, BC, V5C 6C6 Canada.
· Title of the position: General Manager (NOC 0014)
· Job duties:
o Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the day-to-day operations of a salon and set goals for growth.
o Ensure business operations produce desired results and are consistent with overall strategy and mission of the Company.
o Order supplies, record day-to-day financial transactions, and maintain records.
o Respond to inquiries or complaints and resolve problems.
o Manage contracts for advertising or marketing strategies.
o Hire, train and supervise staff.
o Establish or implement policies and procedures for staff.
o Lead and motivate subordinates to advance employee engagement.
o Responsible for payments and employee payroll
o Develop high-quality business strategies and plans, ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives.
o Coordinate revenue generation and allocate funds and resources.
o Create and review financial and non-financial reports to devise solutions or improvements and build trusting relationships with key partners.
o Ensure company’s short-term and long-term business goals are met by reviewing financial reports and sales forecast and developing high-quality business strategies and plans.
o Make high-quality investing decisions to advance the business and enforce adherence to regulations and in-house policies to maintain the company’s legal compliance and business ethics.
· Terms of employment: Permanent and full-time
· The language of work: English. Gujarati and/or Hindi would be helpful but is not required.
· Wage: CAD $49.93 per hour and 30 hours per week
· Benefits package being offered: None
· Location or locations of work: Burnaby, BC
· Contact information to apply for the job: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Skills requirements:
o Majority owner of the company
o Flexibility; Team player
o Client focus; Judgement
o Reliability; Organized
o Effective interpersonal skills
o Excellent oral communication
o Familiar with QuickBooks and Wave.
o Ability to operate computers i.e., email, excel, and calendar.
o Well-versed in payroll and calculations.
o Familiar with online banking services.
· Required education:
o A university degree or college diploma is preferred but not required.
o A college diploma or vocational certificate in hairdressing/cosmetology or in a similar field is preferred but not required.
· Required work experience:
o 3 years to less than 5 years of experience working as a salon manager.
o Minimum 3 years of experience working as a senior stylist/cosmetologist/esthetician.