FOOD STORE CLERK – RETAIL (Front of House team member)
Rocky Mountain Bagel Company LTD
Location: 101, 1106 Bow Valley Trail, Canmore, AB T1W 1N6
Salary: $16.50 to $18.50 / hour (To be negotiated)
Vacancies: 1 vacancy
Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time 40.00 hours / week
Start date: As soon as possible
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Bending, crouching, kneeling, Fast-paced environment, Handling heavy loads, Repetitive tasks, Physically demanding, Standing for extended periods
Work Location Information
Outgoing, Integrity, Hardworking, Goal-oriented, Energetic, Efficiency, Creativity, Collaborative, Analytical, Adaptability, Time management, Quick learner, Proactive, Positive attitude, Team player, Effective interpersonal skills, Organized, Dependability, Flexibility, Reliability, Excellent oral communication
Bakery goods and desserts
Operate cash register, Provide advice about merchandise, Prepare merchandise for purchase, rental or lease, Assist in display of merchandise, Conduct sales transactions through Internet-based electronic commerce, Greet customers and discuss type, quality and quantity of merchandise or services sought for purchase, rental or lease
Type of Product
Food and food products
Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
· Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, vision, and values of the Rocky Mountain Bagel Co.
· Provides quality beverages and bagels consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards.
· Ensures daily shop set up as required and supports all team members as needed.
· Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume to keep the store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the team.
· Communicates information to supervisors and managers so that the team can respond accordingly.
· Delivers excellent customer service to all customers by listening to customers and responding to customer needs.
· Responsible for keeping stores in a clean and orderly condition, by performing cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, restrooms, and wiping down surface areas.
· Ensures the cleanliness and sanitization of dishware through manual and machine cleaning methods.
· Prepares food stock preparation by washing and chopping vegetables, so they can be prepped and easily accessible.
· Taking payment and orders and ensure smooth and efficient transactions.
· Maintains regular and punctual attendance standards so that the team can operate efficiently and effectively.
· Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
· Follows all store operating policies and standards, including providing quality products, cash handling and store safety and security.
· Available to perform other duties within the store during each shift as assigned.
Wellness program (Yoga membership)
Ability to learn quickly and have strong interpersonal skills; Ability to build relationships and work as part of a team; Proven ability to prioritize tasks and work in a fast-paced environment; Minimum of High school diploma req’d, Minimum 1-2 years’ experience working in similar position at café or similar industry req’d
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply