Cooks perform some or all of the following duties:
• Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
• Prepare and cook special meals as instructed by chef
• Supervise kitchen helpers
• May assist with inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
• May set up and oversee buffets
• May clean kitchen and work area
• May determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements, and monitor and order supplies
• May train kitchen staff.
Cooks may specialize in preparing and cooking ethnic cuisine or special dishes.
8 permanent positions open at $16.25 to $22.00/hour depending on skill and experience – fulltime – (30 to 35 hours/week) and permanent – HY’S STEAKHOUSE & COCKTAIL BAR at 637 Hornby Street, Vancouver BC V6C2G3; email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; PLEASE DO NOT APPEAR AT THE RESTAURANT WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT WITH HR; 2 years minimum experience required; benefits available after 6 months of employment.
WHO ARE WE?
Hy’s has always been about family, but that does not only mean the founders, the Aisenstats. The Hy’s family includes everyone who has ever worked at Hy’s, and all our loyal guests. Hy’s staff take pride in being part of a successful team and in providing a memorable fine dining experience to our guests. Staff feel part of the Hy’s history and tend to stay for a while. Our guests are part of the family, too – with many being the third or fourth generation to dine with us. For more information on Hy’s of Canada, please visit our website at www.hyssteakhouse.com