In the heart of downtown Oakville sits a cornerstone of the town’s hospitality industry – The King’s Arms Pub. One of the oldest pubs in Oakville, established in the mid-1990s, The King’s Arms offers an atmosphere to suit any function. Whether you’re looking for a casual lunch with some friends on our courtyard patio, Friday date night in our intimate dining area. The King’s Arms is your one-stop retreat from the daily grind!
We are currently looking for a full-time Cook with experience behind the line in a busy environment.
· Plan, prepare and cook individual dishes including appetizers, main courses, side dishes, and desserts
· Prepare and cook other dishes as advised by management depending on the season or any relevant holidays
· Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
· Estimate food requirements and maintain inventory of food, supplies, and equipment
· Ensure the kitchen is fully prepped for service (e.g. cutting ingredients, preparing sauces, marinating, etc.)
· Ensure superior quality of food once it leaves the kitchen
Secondary school diploma
At least 1-2 years of experience as a Cook
Culinary/cooking trade certifications or diplomas are an asset
Safe food handling certificates, WHMIS, and/or CPR certifications are an asset
COMPENSATION & CONDITIONS:
· Permanent, full-time position
· $23.00 per hour with applicable overtime pay after 44 hours of work per week
· 35 hours of work per week
The restaurant is located at 323 Church St, Oakville, ON, L6J 1P2
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply with your resume detailing your experience and mentioning your contact details through email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only successful candidates suitable for this position will be contacted for an in-person interview. Please do not contact us directly.
Please visit https://www.kingsarmsoakville.com/ for our menu and more information about us