The original Montecassino opened in 1975 in the heart of North Toronto. Today, Montecassino has not only stood the test of time, but has remained a fixture in the banquet and convention centre community. Our venue blends classic and contemporary design, offering timeless elegance and well-appointed details to suit any occasion and any budget. Whether it’s a business luncheon for 10 or an extravagant gala for 1000, Montecassino will tantalize you with its graceful ambience, exquisite food, and unsurpassed commitment to service excellence.
ABOUT THE VACANCY:
We are currently looking for an Apprentice Cook to join our team on a permanent, full-time basis.
Under the supervision of the Head Cook, assist in preparing and cooking dishes including appetizers, main courses, and desserts
Asist in preparing dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
Assist in ensuring the kitchen is fully prepared for service
Ensure that any food and supply shortages are communicated promptly to the Head Cook
Follow principles of sanitation and safe food handling including time and temperature controls and the prevention of cross-contamination
Maintain station organization and cleanliness
Adhere to health and safety standards in the kitchen at all times
· A Secondary School Diploma is an asset
· At least six months of experience as a Cook/Apprentice Cook or a current student of a culinary program
· Good English language skills
· Positive and enthusiastic
COMPENSATION AND CONDITIONS:
· Permanent, full-time, position
· Compensation will be $18.00 per hour for a 35-hour work week
· Overtime is occasionally required and will be paid accordingly. Be ready to work shifts, which include evenings and occasional weekends, and some holidays (appropriate pay rates will apply)
· Work Location: 3710 Chesswood Drive, Downsview, ON, Canada M3J 2W4
To apply, please send your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that only those candidates who meet the requirements and qualify will be contacted for an interview. Please do not contact us directly. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in joining Montecassino but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit our website at http://montecassino.ca/ to know more about our company.